Sunday, January 29, 2012

Patience???

My patience has finally been exhausted. I don’t know what to do with myself. I’m wandering around the house looking for something to do, but I don’t want to do anything I see. There’s an afghan I started for Emmalyn that I should work on, but crocheting has always been a time for me to think, and I need to get my mind off all this waiting. So, here I sit, curled up on the couch, laptop in my lap, Pro Bowl on TV, puppies sleeping at my feet, and my head feels like it’s going to explode. Everyone says I should enjoy my last few days of “freedom.” What they don’t understand is that finally having my daughter here will free the mother in me who has been kept at bay for 10 years and only let out for students who needed motherly advice. Finally, truly, being a Mom will set me free. I am a crazy hurricane of emotion right now. I long to hold my daughter, kiss her chubby cheeks and whisper to her how much I love her. I cannot wait to read her bedtime stories, sing her lullabies and kiss her forehead before laying her down to sleep. Please God, let my daughter come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment